Re-imagine the city together
Project presented by Culture & Développement, Culture Ailleurs and Spacejunk
Within a territory and a neighborhood, it is possible to never meet your neighbor. Often, he does not integrate the same living spaces because he has got is own way of life. At the heart of this diversity, how does one give meaning to the question of “doing society”? How is social cohesion ensured? The project aims to create encounters, promote diversity and facilitate the reappropriation of urban space through new synergies between arts, culture and mobility. Waiting areas for public transport and various places of mobility will be transformed into places to think and celebrate diversity. Planned artistic interventions aim to make waiting and travel time lived and experienced by enhancing or appealing to local creativity. This approach suggests building links and setting up artistic and civic actions with local structures, particularly around youth issues and gender equality.
Place : Grenoble – Mistral / Villeneuve (districts)
A preparatory phase of the artistic interventions is planned with a diversity of local actors of the districts concerned : definition of the actions, definition of indicators and results, evaluation. Actions will meet people on their daily journey between September 2018 and March 2019.
// Example of actions to develop:
• Installations in the bus / tram stops : library, cinema or garden bus shelter… in order to make them places of life;
• Use of mobility elements as a medium for creating collective frescoes ;
• Organization of animation time in bus stops ;
• Construction of a trailer as a space for citizen and artistic expression, diffusion and meetings ;
• Establishment of artistic devices for the co-construction of common stories by the inhabitants in the mobility spaces;
• Development of access to reading and other artistic practices in unconventional places to reach the “non-public” (libraries in buses, “philosophical” caravans …).